Zaid Crops are small Time Period crops also known as summer crops and in some Asian region they also known it as Grishmkal crops, cultivation time period of zaid crops is between harvesting of rabi crops and sowing of kharif crops, cultivated during February month to June month, Zaid crops are early maturing crops. In this blog we are going to list all Zaid crops examples same as rabi crops examples and kharif crop examples we have written with all details like botanical name of the crop, family of the crop from where is origin place, Chromosome number of that crop and how it is used.
There are very few zaid crops example, because of short-term cultivation period and some crops in this zaid crops list are common in rabi crops and kharif crops because we cultivate these crops in all different growing seasons.
Contents In Blog
Crop In Zaid crops examples
We have divided zaid crops into four categories
|Zaid Crops list in vegetables:-||Watermelon, Muskmelon, Cucumber, Bitter gourd, Pumpkin, Brinjal.|
|Zaid crops in cereals :-||Pearl Millet (Bajra), Sorghum (Jowar).|
|Zaid Crop In legumes:-||Mung bean, Arhar (Pigeon pea), Masur (Lentil), Gram crop.|
|Zaid crops examples in Cash Crops:-||Potato, Sunflower, Groundnut, Sugarcane, Tobacco, Jute, Cotton.|
List of Zaid crops in vegetables
1st Crop In Zaid crops examples Is Watermelon
- Botanical name:- Citrullus lanatus
- Family:- Cucurbitaceae
- Origin:-Tropical Africa
- Watermelon Chromosome number:- 2n=22
Watermelon comes from Cucurbitaceae family, cultivated in zaid season, high water content is present in watermelon, rich in antioxidants and amino acids. China, Turkey, Iran, Brazil, Uzbekistan are the leading producers of watermelon.
- Botanical name:-Cucumis melo
- Origin:-Tropical Africa
- Muskmelon Chromosome number:- 2n=24
One more popular name of muskmelon is Cucumis Melo, because it belongs to the family of Cucurbitaceae. There are many health benefits of Muskmelon like it controls blood pressure, promotes digestion, for skin health, it is also very beneficial. Top ? Muskmelon producing countries are China, Turkey, Iran, India.
- Botanical name:-Cucumis sativus
- Cucumber Chromosome number:- 2n=14
Cucumber ? is a very popular vegetable, consumed all over the world, it contain an enormous amount of fibres that make digestion easy. It belongs to the Cucurbitaceae family. Many research shows it is helpful in controlling blood sugar. Top Cucumber producing countries are China, Russian Federation, Turkey, Iran, Ukraine.
4. Bitter gourd
- Botanical name:- Momordica charantia
- Bitter gourd Chromosome number:- 2n=22
Bitter gourd is consumed all over the world. It comes from the family of Cucurbitaceae, there are many health benefits of Bitter gourd; it helps in controlling blood sugar. Bitter gourd has Cancer-Fighting properties. Major Bitter gourd growing countries are Mexico, Spain, United States, Netherlands, New Zealand.
5th Crop In Zaid crops examples Is Pumpkin
- Botanical name:-Cucurbita moschata
- Pumpkin Chromosome number:- 2n=40
Pumpkin ? belongs to the family Cucurbitaceae. It is consumed all over the world and very popular vegetable, health benefits of pumpkin are like it is rich in nutrients, it helps in controlling blood sugar, good for bone health as well. Top Pumpkin growing countries are China, India, Russian Federation, Ukraine.
- Botanical name:-Solanum melongena
- Brinjal Chromosome number:- 2n=24
Brinjal is most popular crop in this Zaid crops examples. It is consumed and cultivated all over the world, Brinjal belongs to the family of Solanaceae. Also commonly known as eggplant ?. Top brinjal growing countries are China, India, Egypt, Turkey, etc.
Zaid Crop list in Cereals
7. Pearl Millet (Bajra)
- Botanical name:-Pennisetum glaucum
- Origin:-India and Africa
- Bhajra Chromosome number:- 2n=14
In English, we know Bajra as Pearl Millet, mainly it is grown in African and Asian countries, mainly barley is known for its health benefits, it is best for the people having heart related problems, Pearl Millet also controls bad cholesterol of the body.
8. Sorghum (Jowar)
- Botanical name:- Sorghum bicolor
- Origin:-India and Africa
- Jowar Chromosome number:- 2n=20
Sorghum is the eighth crop in this Zaid crops examples post. Sorghum is best for the digestion. It also contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals, easily available in the market. Mainly cultivated in African and Asian countries.
List of Zaid Crops in Pulses
9. Mung Bean
- Botanical name:-Vigna radiata
- Moong Chromosome number:- 2n=22
Mung bean is one of the most popular crop in this Zaid crops examples post. It is consumed all over the world, we also cultivated as green manure for its nitrogen fixing ability.
10. Arhar (Pigeon pea)
- Botanical name:-Cajanus cajan
- Arhar Chromosome number:- 2n=22
Pigeon pea that is commonly known as red gram. Farmers do red gram cultivation in both kharif and zaid season, so don’t get confuse. It is also listed in kharif crops examples and zaid crop examples. It is one of the most important pulse crop consumed all over the world.
11. Masur (Lentil)
- Botanical name:-Lens culinaris or Lens esculenta
- Origin:-Near East arc and Asia Minor
- Masur Chromosome number:- 2n=14
Lentil contains a large amount of fibre. It is good for digestion; it decreases the level of cholesterol in the body, it also protects us from diabetes, we also known it for preventing constipation, Lentil is consumed all over the world.
- Botanical name:-Cicer arietinum
- Origin:-Southern Caucasus, Northern Persia and South-eastern Turkey
- Gram Chromosome number:- 2n=16
Gram commonly known as Bengal gram, Bengal gram cultivation is done all over the world, and also consumed in most of the regions in the world. There are many health benefits of Bengal gram like it boost energy, prevents diabetes, etc.
List of Zaid crops under Cash Crops
13th crop In Zaid crops examples are Potato
- Botanical name:-Solanum tuberosum
- Origin:-South America
- Potato Chromosome number:- 2n=4x=48
Potato also comes under the rabi crops example and also in zaid crops because the farmers do potato cultivation in both of the season. Farmers do sowing of potatoes in zaid season.
- Botanical name:-Helianthus annus
- Origin:-North America and Central America
- Sunflower Chromosome number:- 2n=34
- Botanical name:-Arachis hypogaea
- Origin:-South America
- Groundnut Chromosome number:- 2n=20
Groundnut is a Kharif crop and also comes in Zaid crops examples because farmers sow it in zaid season and harvest it in kharif season. It is a very important crop in high demand all over the world.
16th Crop In Zaid crops examples Is Sugarcane
- Botanical name:-Saccharum officinarum
- Origin:-New Guinea
- Sugarcane Chromosome number:- 2n=110-120
We know sugarcane as a Kharif crop, but farmers sow it in the zaid season so it comes in both zaid and kharif crops. Sugarcane is a cash crop with high demand in the market.
17th Crop In Zaid crops examples are Jute
- Botanical name:-Corchorus capsularis
- Jute Chromosome number:- 2n=14
Farmers cultivate jute for its fiber or use of green manure, jute fiber is used to make clothes, carpets, gunny bags, etc. Because of its fast-growing ability, it is very popular as green manure.
18th Crop In Zaid crops examples Is Cotton
- Botanical name:-Gossypium
- Origin:-America, Africa, Egypt & India
- Cotton Chromosome number:- 2n=26
Farmers do sowing of Cotton in the zaid season and harvesting in Kharif season, so it comes in both seasons. It is a very popular crop, and with the growth of the population, the demand for cotton is also growing.
- Zaid crops examples With All Details 2022 Updated - February 15, 2022
- Advantage of Green Manure With Details Of All Green Manure crops - February 7, 2022
- Ashwagandha farming Guide With All Details of Growing Ashwagandha - January 17, 2022